Sunday 8 October 2017

100 word essay challenge: #3

Tiny sparkly fragile snowflakes began to fall in what seemed to be the first ever white Christmas in 25 years. Could this be a new dawn or another lonely Christmas? Ever since he walked out the door 25 eves ago, I have not heard of him, not a bit.Christmas after Christmas, my heart crumbled in loneliness and lamentations of what I could’ve done then. All that’s left are the memories etched in my heart. I opened my eyes with all the hopes and prayers this Christmas and there it lay my favourite little trinket box. Could it be him?

*Remember, feel free to comment and give a suitable title in the comment section below... cheers! 

7 comments:

Melur said...

"Christmas gift"
or
"Hope"

Melur said...

My ending:
Then the jingle played.

AROHA WHANAU said...

Thanks Melur... awesome!!

Melur said...

Story sets a nostalgic mood. Could be a wife waiting for her husband to return or even a son that had left behind a lonely parent.If it had been two siblings,the brother (somehow the familiar jingle indicates a male's gesture) was playing their favourite childhood jingle. And of course the trinket box was a gift from brother to sister. We are kept wondering why he took it along with him.

My version of an ending intends to give the story 'hope'- all is forgiven & reunion time.

Melur said...

Looking forward to another of your weekly story☺☺

Melur said...

Looking forward to another of your weekly story☺☺

AROHA WHANAU said...

wow! that's really a wonderful analysis of the story... hmmm..... i wonder who could it be that she was waiting for...

Post a Comment