Sunday 24 September 2017

A Challenge to Myself

Time for my second post after the resurrection of my blog on the 16th of September 2017. This new post would be the announcement of a challenge which I have set for myself, which is to write a 100-word short story a week. This all started during the Access English Teachers' course which I mentioned in my previous post, where we were told to write a 100-word essay. I found this activity quite interesting and I told myself that this would be a great way to challenge myself to think and write. Perhaps, it may also help those who stumble upon my writings and be inspired to write some 100-word essays for themselves. Oh well, just for fun, why not? Let's hope that I can keep up to the challenge, be disciplined and write around 20 stories for now.... If I succeed, I might even extend my challenge.... Oh ya, by the way, do please leave some comments in the box below... I will leave my essays untitled, so do please leave suggestions on what title you think they should be.... Enjoy....!

Here is the first piece...

Once gone, never to return. Joyce, Arifah, Shah, were never seen or to be heard again. Legend has it, Gregor, once sentenced to death by lethal injection, is still alive, lurking in the neighbourhood, in search of helpless maidens. Some said that he died and was buried but his remains were never to be found. Some also rumoured that he walks in the shadows, slithering like a snake in the dark of night, entrapping the hearts of his victims. Some even witnessed shadows chowing down what appeared to resemble the limbs of humans. Is he really alive? No one knows. 

1 comments:

Melur said...

"The price of immortality" or "Daring game"

Post a Comment